Holiday Train 2015 was a great success! The Caltrain Holiday Train, presented by Silicon Valley Community Foundation, rolled through the Bay Area Dec. 5 and 6, greeting thousands of families and spreading holiday spirit.
The Holiday Train, decorated with thousands of glittering lights, stopped at nine Caltrain stations from San Francisco to Santa Clara. Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and other holiday characters rode the train and greeted children and their families at each station.
Besides kicking off the holiday season, the Holiday Train celebrated community giving. Families were encouraged to donate toys at the event. More than 2,500 toys were collected; they will be donated to local children who may not otherwise receive gifts this season.
We were also proud to host, for the first time, a Holiday Train celebration at Christmas in the Park in San José.
The Holiday Train would not be possible without the generous support from our lead sponsors, the Handel Sunrise Foundation and Mary Lemmon, and other sponsors:
- Conductor Sponsors: The Dirk and Charlene Kabcenell Foundation, the Knight Foundation and Linear Technology Corporation
- Station Sponsors: Robert Half International, Speck, Xilinx and the City of Millbrae
- Railway Sponsors: Brigid Barton Family Fund, Moss Adams LLP and Shopkick
- Community Sponsors: Mixbook and The Ely Family
- Media Sponsors: The Daily Journal, San Francisco Examiner, San Francisco Magazine, 94.5 KBAY, 95.7 THE GAME, 96.5 KOIT, 98.5 KFOX, Q102.1 and 102.9 KBLX.
In-kind sponsorships were provided by Bayside Equipment Company of Redwood City, Jim’s Handyman Services, Nothing Bundt Cakes in San Carlos and Millbrae, Peterson Technical Services and Subway.
Thank you also to groups that provided music and entertainment throughout the weekend: Peninsula Girls Chorus, Hometown Holidays, Peninsulaires Barbershop Harmony Chorus, South Bay Historical Railroad Society, Santa Clara Corps of The Salvation Army Band, Burlingame and San Mateo Chamber Singers, West Bay Model Railroad Association, Palo Alto Chamber Orchestra.
Stay tuned for more information about the 2016 Holiday Train. Learn how you can support the 2016 Holiday Train by contacting Dory Gannes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.450.5581.